It’s much nicer to CHOOSE to remodel than to remodel/repair something that could have been prevented. The link below shares June tips from a monthly remodeling calendar.
I would call this more of a maintenance calendar than remodeling calendar but regardless, home maintenance is very important in helping avoid costly repairs and projects that you weren’t expecting!
- Clean and seal decks. Ideally, you’ll need three consecutive warm, sunny days.
- On day one, dry out the deck. Apply deck cleaner and scrub the deck on the second day and let it dry 24 hours. On the third day, apply deck sealer.
- Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys. Doing this task now instead of the fall allows plenty of time for repairs before the next heating season. It’s also easier to schedule a sweep.
- Wash the exterior of your house, using ordinary garden hose pressure and a mild detergent. Beware of the pressure washers – they are powerful enough to force water under the siding where it may encourage mildew and rot.
- Caulk exterior joints around window and doors.
- Clean lint from the entire clothes dryer vent system, from the dryer to the exterior vent cap.
- Inspect and repair or repaint all patio and deck furniture.
- Check operation of attic fans and roof-mounted turbine vents.”